Procurement Intelligence: Presented by PTI, Powered by Deltek
Assistant Executive Director for Program Development
Your local government resource, Public Technology Institute and research partner, Deltek, have entered into a new and expanded research partnership to create, free of charge for our government members, a Procurement Intelligence web-based service.
Imagine having access to:
- More than 1.4 million state and local contacts
- Detailed grant information, including more than 2,600 grant programs, over 5,500 grant requests for applications and 200 new grants added from the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Data on more than 67,000 individual local governments, including expenditures, employment, buying patterns and grant awards.
- Government profiles with in-depth expenditure information, key contacts, budget cycles, legislative actions, buying patterns and recent news on all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Over 3,000 Capital Improvement Plans and budget documents for 366 metropolitan statistical areas
- More than 500,000 state and local opportunity alerts.
What Does This Mean For My Local Government?
As a PTI member you now have access to this new portal which already contains more than 800,000 local and state government purchasing opportunities (RFPs, RFQs and supporting documentation), local and state budget and spending data along with local and state government contacts, continuously updated with information from Deltek’s GovWin IQ offering.
New users have said this alone is well worth the price of PTI membership.
This video describes the features of the Procurement Intelligence Service.
Save Time and Money!
- Why reinvent an RFP and start from scratch when you can see what others are seeking as well as all the details?
- Learn what the specifications are before you post your own.
- Learn who is bidding on projects.
- Learn who is offering the product and services you may be looking for.
- See what others are seeking and explore ways of collaborating.
This procurement intelligence service can serve as an in-depth resource when developing RFPs and other similar documentation. As PTI and Deltek grow this service, it will include an RSS feed with opportunity alert postings, and allow PTI member local governments to post their RFPs and bid notifications.
For example, when developing an RFP for a new CRM system, you can access the PTI/Deltek Procurement Intelligence service, perform a keyword search for other governments that have issued RFPs for CRM systems. Each "hit" will provide a summary of the RFP, the link to or a PDF of the actual RFP, status of the solicitation, companies expected to respond and companies that won, and government contact information. Access to this information can prove invaluable in terms of research and personnel savings!
The PTI/Deltek Procurement Intelligence service includes resources on IT and telecommunications, public safety, public works and transportation, energy and environmental services, and other areas of government operations.
This video describes how to register for the Procurement Intelligence Service on the PTI website.
Each PTI member local government in good standing has access to the PI site as a member benefit. Each member government is eligible for three user accounts.
How Do I Sign Up?
Register for access to the PI site at this link (PTI member login required).
After login, you will be able to review and submit the Terms and Conditions agreement and complete registration. Deltek will respond with your PI / GovWin member login.